How to Root Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537
Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537 came out last year. We now have special software that’ll root it. It’s a method that even newbies can use. Thanks to its ease of use, this tool is a great addition to your phone!
When it was first released, the Galaxy S4 Active I537 came with impressive features and specs. Some examples: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, a quad-core 1900 MHz Krait 300 CPU, 20148 MB RAM and loads more. The battery, however, wasn’t able to go for as long as the phone’s owners wanted it to. Which is why a rooting was needed. This procedure will happen today and our tutorial will be here to help you along.
Every gadget rooting has to use a certain Build ID. The one we selected for your phone is JDQ39.I537UCUAMF3. As you will see, however, your device is compatible with many other Build IDs.
The benefits of rooting
The SRSRoot method can be used to root many gadgets, no matter their brand. Apart from offering this possibility, this tool is powered by this: an SRS Server. By installing the SRSRoot software on your phone, you will have both admin and superuser permission at your disposal. But this tool can be used as an unrooting method, too.
When you want to root the Samsung SGH-I537, you will have plenty of novelties to go through. They will soon improve the performance of your smartphone in many ways. Root-only apps and new features will land on it. As will custom ROMs. This method doesn’t get rid of your phone’s Android version; the software works equally well with many different Android versions.
Be warned, though: the rooting your phone will experience soon will have some consequences to deal with. They imply its warranty, which will become lost. Another con: if updated, the system partition will go away. Then there’s the root access which will be bricked if you perform an upgrade. Expect damage if your phone isn’t the I537. If updating your smartphone brings disadvantages, you should know that there’s also good news: the phone will not end up with damaged internal / external SD cards. Nor will it experience deleted data.
For the next couple of minutes you’d do better to follow these requirements:
- make a backup (or several) to preserve the phone’s data;
- create a full NANDroid backup with the help of these steps;
- the Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537 must have its USB Debugging enabled;
- the laptop should run USB drivers for the phone, which means you should go here and download them on it;
- disable the programs that protect your laptop from bugs;
- disable the ones doing the same for your phone;
- perform this procedure only if the handset’s battery is fully charged;
- your notebook’s OS has to be Windows.
Step by step instructions
Time to root your phone.
- The beginning of this process should be performed as such: download the SRSRoot on your notebook from this location. This is the only place which doesn’t mean viruses for your device after the download is done.
- When the right tool is on the notebook, you should continue by flashing the software. When it’s installed on your laptop, you can go ahead and initiate it.
- Unknown Sources is the option that must be turned on for this step. This option can be found like this: tap Menu, then tap the option called Settings. You’ll find Unknown Sources if you look under the latter option.
- We need you to tap USB Debugging to activate it if you haven’t done so for the requirements discussed earlier. Then, when all the necessary options have been turned on, do this: take the phone’s USB cord. This will create a connection between the smartphone and your laptop.
- After both of these devices are in a connection to one another, time for starting the rooting. For this, be sure to tap an option whose name is Root Device (All Methods).
- Once you’ve activated this option, prepare to wait a bit while the procedure is happening. The rooting will then be over, so restart the phone when the process is done.
After you have the complete access on your Galaxy S4 SGH-I537, you’ll be free to enjoy the customization tweaks, custom ROMs, root-only apps and other goodies delivered by this software.
Take your time with them. If they don’t rise up to expectations, you can use the same SRSRoot method for the unrooting.
Be sure to use our comment box below this post if you have trouble rooting your phone!