Upgrade Galaxy S2 T989 to CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable build ROM
What say you about an easy way to flash CM 10.1.0 Stable build on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989? If that’s what you were looking for all along, then you will find it in our tutorial.
The CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable build custom ROM is a tool which is as awesome as official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. And it is not going to damage your smartphone if you make use of it.
Here are the requirements which should never miss from any guide ever written: root the phone, install either TeamWin Recovery Project or ClockworkMod Recovery on the device, create backups using this guide (for the apps that are already on the handset, you need to use a special tool located in Google Play Store to save them), use the model which is factory unlocked, make a full NANDroid backup via this guide, turn on USB Debugging, grant root access, charge the smartphone’s battery and don’t forget to also synchronize the handset’s Contacts with the Gmail account you own.
Here’s a friendly reminder: should your Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 have an older CM 10.1 Nightlies, M, RC or Experimental build, you must apply factory reset actions for this guide to work properly.
How to flash CM 10.1.0 Stable build on SGH-T989
- To start the tutorial well, you will be required to download the following zip files on your computer: Gapps archive from here and CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable ROM archive (file name: cm-10.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip). These archives don’t need to be extracted on the laptop.
- What you must absolutely do next is this: plug the handset to the PC and after that take the zip files above from the comp and move them over to the SD card root of the smartphone. Unplug the products from one another and turn the Galaxy S2 T989 off.
- Immediately after switching the smartphone off, you have to enter it in Recovery Mode. Now choose, from the handset’s Recovery Menu, the option called Backup&Restore and, if you have not created it yet, make a NANDroid backup up next.
- After being done with that, you should opt, afterwards, for Factory Reset/Wipe data. After you confirm the previous task, you have to make sure you are in the Recovery Screen to choose Install zip from memory card; opt for Choose zip from memory card. Now confirm the installation of the CM 10.1.0 zip file after you locate it.
- Now that the necessary file is on the Galaxy S2 T989, you can opt for Choose zip from memory card and after that flash the Gapps file in the same manner. Return to the main menu of the phone.
- There, you are asked to choose the phone’s restarting and wait for the first restart it into Normal Mode. After the process is over, you will have to do the following: access your personal Google account; now wait for the tool’s home screen to pop and then enter your data in your account.
NOTE: Should you experience the handset blocked in boot animation, you can do as follows:
- switch the device off;
- go to the beginning of our guide and repeat all of its steps.
The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 is now installed with the CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable build ROM. Go on and take a look at its features!