How to Upgrade Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 to Android 4.2.2 ZNUANA2
Thanks to a developer who just released new firmware, you will be able to update Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 to Android 4.2.2. If that’s what you’re after, we’re here with a tutorial on the matter.
ZNUANA2 is the new firmware we mentioned. It was released this month for China and will bring all the benefits of the Jelly Bean 4.2.2. But be careful: only the Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 is compatible with the new firmware. Flashing this stock ROM on a different smartphone will brick it.
There are some very neat features to look forward to. Here you go: no bugs when activating Bluetooth audio streaming, low battery bug fixes and a USB debug white-list. You can also expect a new Gallery app delivering superior speed while loading and the possibility to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state. There’s also the following: a new set of sounds for wireless charging and a new set of download notifications.
Considering the fact that the KIES logo is turned on, you can get the new firmware with the KIES software. If you go with this method instead of ours, your smartphone must feature a stock ROM on-board. Also, check this out: the ZNUANA2 will erase the system partition of your handset. The new firmware will also revoke root access, but it won’t damage the important data. Internal and external SD cards will also stay unaffected.
The requirements needed here look like this:
- go online and look for USB drivers appropriate for your smartphone;
- download them on the laptop;
- turn on USB Debugging on the Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101;
- remember to charge the device fully;
- the OS running on the laptop must be Windows;
- make backups (apart from a normal one, a full NANDroid backup is also helpful);
- the security solutions installed on the phone and the laptop must be deactivated.
- If you’re done with these pre-requisites, download these on the notebook: the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZNUANA2 (the China version can be located on this site) and Odin. The files that arrive with the packages should be unzipped with a suitable tool; in this case, either 7Zip or WinZip.
- If there are no problems during the extraction, you should enter the handset in Download Mode by pressing and holding down, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power, letting go once the boot screen is displayed and afterwards pressing Volume Up to land in the required mode.
- Do the following next: open the Odin as an Admin on the laptop and go to the USB cable of your handset.
- This cord is the tool which will help with the plugging of your handset to the laptop. Wait for Odin to find the Galaxy S4 Zoom C101 before moving on to other steps.
- When the device is located, a yellow ID:COM box and an “Added!!” message will pop up on the display. However, the connection may fail. If you go through that, our recommendation is this: go and make sure another USB port is used or install the USB drivers on your laptop until the connection is successful.
- After you obtain a plugging, you need to tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, tap AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, select a file which has CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file sporting an extension with .pit in it.
- Begin the flashing of the ZNUANA2 after you tap these boxes: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. The installation of the new firmware should be done by tapping “Start”.
- All you need to do now is have some patience till the phone is installed with the new firmware. Your device will alert you when it’s time to unplug it from the notebook by doing this: automatically restart and then come up with “Pass” in green.
- Open, on the Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101, this option: Settings. Tap About Phone next and revel in the new features brought by the ZNUANA2.
If neither of the novelties appeals to you and you pine after the old ROM: locate the NANDroid backup file. You can restore the ROM you’re missing by using this helpful file. Once you do this, the upgrade will be revoked.
Below our tutorial is a comment section. Leave your comments and questions here.