How to Root HTC Incredible S
A rooting guide for HTC Incredible S is finally upon us. We will make sure your smartphone gets root access and everything that it means on the side!
HTC Incredible S is the device that’ll have a great rooting software installed today. To make that happen, you’ll need to use this smartphone and follow our guide. You won’t have problems with the procedure and there won’t be security issues to deal with.
Your handset came out almost 3 years ago. Considering its Android 2.2.1 OS, 1 GHz Scorpion CPU and other specs, the SRSRoot is the perfect tool to bring many novelties and improve the whole performance. As for the Build ID we used for the rooting: it was one known as FRG83D. This application welcomes many other Build IDs, though.
Even if your phone’s sporting the Android version we mentioned, you won’t lose it after the device is rooted. The SRSRoot tool is also compatible with brands that are different than HTC. It also offers admin and superuser permission as well as various root-only apps. The features that will appear on your phone after rooting are all new. Other goodies are made of new custom ROMs and battery options for better life.
If you wish to have customization tweaks, this software will deliver many of them. As long as you use the HTC Incredible S for this rooting, your smartphone will have no bugs to affect its security. And no bloatware.
In case your device comes with root access already, a rooting is going to wipe away some of its components. The first one to go will be its warranty. Then you’ll have no root access. The last one to go will be the phone’s system partition. Even with these damages, your device will retain its important content. The rooting won’t affect its internal and external SD cards, either.
Consider these pre-requisites before starting the tutorial:
- take a look at the phone’s battery and charge it if it’s almost empty;
- to save the handset’s data from damage, a backup is recommended, so create one;
- perform a full NANDroid backup as well;
- USB drivers that are fit for your HTC Incredible S should be downloaded on the laptop;
- the security software installed on your handset must be turned off;
- the notebook’s security programs must be turned off, too;
- turn on USB Debugging on your smartphone;
- be sure to have Windows already flashed on your laptop.
Step by step instructions
Whenever you feel ready, you can begin the rooting. Be sure to use the steps below to get what you want.
- The first task we have for you tells you to go to this web page. After you click on this link, you’ll arrive on a page which has a download button for the SRSRoot software.
- Click on that button (the download doesn’t cost a thing). If the download of this tool on your laptop is finished, open it after making sure it’s installed there.
- The launch of this software should be followed by this: open Menu on your phone, click on it and then find Settings.
- When the latter’s opened, you should see this option under it: Unknown Sources. This particular option will have to be activated; so tap it. Next you will need to also activate USB Debugging (if you haven’t done it by now).
- These options once turned on, you’ll be able to continue with the rooting. So do this: look for the phone’s USB cord. When you spot it, use it for the following step.
- Which needs you to generate a connection between the HTC Incredible S and your laptop. After the plugging is completed, you will be required to tap this important option: Root Device (All Methods).
- Now wait until the process of rooting is all done. When it is, you should have your smartphone rebooted to complete the process. And that’s all. The device now has an SRSRoot software on board and it’s rooted!
The SRSRoot tool can also be used as an unrooting method. So, if you don’t like the goodies delivered by a rooting, you can always turn to the same software and use it to unroot the phone.
There’s a comment box under this procedure. You can leave comments and questions there!