How to Update Galaxy Grand GT-I9128E to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZCUANB2
Galaxy Grand 2 GT-I9128E faces an update in our guide today. This is a procedure which is always recommended. You will see how to achieve the upgrade if you stick around!
Every update,including this one, requires special firmware. ZCUANB2 is the one used for your smartphone. It will get Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the device if you are based in China. The new firmware saw a launch this month.
If your handset is not the Galaxy Grand 2 GT-I9128E, it’s best to use a guide which has this model in it. If you use ours, you will damage your phone.
When you decide you want to use KIES for the update, don’t. The new firmware comes with a KIES logo that’s not activated. Either upgrade your device with this tutorial or use OTA; the latter will need a smartphone with a pre-installed stock ROM.
If you have root access on your device already, the update will revoke that and delete the phone’s system partition afterwards. The internal and external SD cards will be preserved. The important content sported by your device will also be saved.
An upgraded Galaxy Grand 2 will deliver a superior performance. That’s due to a new set of sounds for wireless charging, low battery bug fixes and a new Gallery app. More to come from the update: enhanced Bluetooth audio streaming and a USB debug white-list. If you wish for more, you’ll also get a new set of download notifications as well as the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state.
To get the hang of all these goodies, you should first:
- the data on your Galaxy Grand 2 GT-I9128E must be saved, so create a backup;
- a full NANDroid backup should also be created;
- turn off every one of your phone’s security solutions and then your notebook’s;
- charge the handset;
- activate USB Debugging on your handset next;
- install USB drivers on your notebook from this location;
- Windows is the OS that must be installed already on your laptop.
Step by step instructions
- All of you owners of the Galaxy Grand 2 GT-I9128E, download Odin v3.09 on your laptop from here. Go to this site to find and download the Android 4.2.2 JB ZCUANB2 official firmware on the notebook.
- For the next phase you need to unzip the packages, then launch, on the same notebook, Odin v3.09.exe that came out of the Odin’s extraction.
- Once this file is open there, time for another task: boot, in Download Mode, your smartphone. The booting should be performed as such: press and hold, at the same time, Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously; when a screen with a boot message comes up, press Volume Up after you release those three buttons.
- Then, with the help of your phone’s USB cord, plug the phablet to the notebook and wait. You will, if a connection’s been established, see a sign in blue in Odin.
- This sign will let you know that you can move on to the next step. Which sounds like this: make sure the firmware file is added to AP / PDA and then tick the boxes with Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in their names. You should then be careful of this: uncheck Re-partition.
- Here’s how to begin the installation of the ZCUANB2 on your Galaxy Grand 2 GT-I9128E: simply tap “Start“, then have a bit of patience.
- You will know whether or not the flashing’s done if 13 minutes are up and a message saying “Pass” appears in green. The next thing to do is to wait again, this time until the smartphone restarts.
- When the device ends its rebooting phase, you will have to make sure your devices are no longer connected to each other by removing that USB cable.
- Which leaves you with only one thing to do: tap some options on your handset. They are Settings and About Phone.
After tapping each of them in the order we mentioned, have a go at the new firmware. If you don’t approve of it, locate the NANDroid backup file. Then use it to restore the phone’s previous ROM.
Leave your questions in the section below this post and we’ll get back at you.