Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMF1 Official Firmware on Galaxy Ace 2 I8160
We are taking you on a trip that will, at the end of the day, end in your Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 receiving an update to official XXMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
To have this process go in order, you need to first follow our instructions that work as requirements: charge the smartphone’s battery, turn on USB Debugging, use the model that comes carrier and factory unlocked, install the USB drivers that apply to this phone (flash them on your PC) and create backups ( you ca use this tutorial).
Your smartphone will not be rooted anymore, nor will it feature a custom recovery image after the update has been achieved. To ripe the benefits only a rooting can bring, you will need to locate the guide that tells you how to root the phone again
How to flash XXMF1 on Galaxy Ace 2
- If you have completed the pre-requisites we presented in the previous paragraph, you should install the XXMF1 on your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 by starting with these tasks:
– download the XXMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware (file name: I8160XXMF1_I8160OXXMF1_DBT.zip) on your laptop;
– unzip it;
– look for a file which has .tar.md5 as an extension;
– download Odin 1.85 on the laptop from this link;
– extract it;
– see if you get a file with this extension: Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Power the smartphone off after you do the above, then do as follows: enter it in Download Mode. To be able to smoothly do that, you need to press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Home while pressing Power, then wait for a screen of warning to be displayed; when that is so, you should press Volume Up. And bam!.
- You’re in the Download Mode, so for the next step you should run the Odin3 v1.85.exe as Admin. Plug the Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 to your notebook.
- One of the following needs to happen so that you know if the plugging went smoothly: either an ID:COM box goes yellow or “Added!!” flashes on the screen; should that not be the case for your phone, you need to give up on the USB port you used and find a different one or install, again, the USB Drivers.
- Below are the instructions you must follow next up:
– tap PDA, select a file with .tar.md5 as an extension;
– click on Phone and opt for a file with MODEM in the name;
– tap CSC, then remember to choose a file which comes with CSC as part of its name;
– tap PIT and opt for a .pit file.
- Stick to the Odin next. Then, while you’re in it, you have to do as follows: choose F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition (the last one only if you chose the file with the aforementioned .pit extension).
- Your task for the next couple of minutes: tap START, then have patience until the I8160XXMF1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 official firmware starts to be flashed on your phone and then until this process is over.
- The latter will happen once you see the device restarting and then displaying PASS on its touchscreen. Then is the time for your smartphone to no longer be plugged to the notebook. The Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 is running the firmware needed for its update.
If you can’t wait to see the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMF1 official firmware on your handset, your first stop after the guide is over is to go to the device’s About Phone.
After you see the tool with your own eyes, you can, for instance, modify the phone’s default language to a different one like this: go to Settings, then tap Language and Text input. Apart from that, the update will bring all the features and possibilities that are available with the Android 4.1.2 JB.